Friday, October 3, 2008

Week 5 Picks are here- Taste the Cold !!

Dickie Dunn here, I'd first like to start off by remembering my old friend Reginald Arthur Dunlop or Reg' to his friends. Reg passed away this week after a protracted battle with cancer. Reg and I go back all the way to his days in the Federal League when he the player coach with the Charlestown Chiefs. Reg was always a good interview. He'd even let you in on a rumor or two once he got to know you. I'm sure he wouldn't mind me telling you he did ok with the ladies, including a figure skater or two. Nobody got more out of his players, one if his left wingers, Carlson I think his name was, even punched a guy out when he thought he called Reg' old. My memory is hazy but I think the guy's name was Barclay Donaldson. Reg' wasn't above calling out his owner or GM if he thought they were not looking out for the best interests of the team. Can anyone say Jack Robinson? Needless to say they don't make 'em like Reg Dunlop anymore. Now he's gone to the big locker room in the sky, where I'm sure he's organizing a card game and watching his favorite Soap opera.
RIP Reg, you'll be missed.
Onto the wek 5 picks....

Who needs a win more than the Colts? This could be a kitchen sink game for them. Even if Payton's leg falls off. they have to win this game. They might even throw the ball to Marvin harrison. take the Colts, lay the 3.

So let me get this straight. Miami wins a game against a crippled Patriots team and all of a sudden they can beat the San Diego Chargers? Sure the Chargers D defends the way the French Army did against Germany's Panzers in WWII but still. Aren't the Chargers going to score 45 this game? Take the Panzers... SDC - 6.5

The Bears play at Detroit and are laying 3.5. There's some potentail "dinn dong the witch is dead" mojo here. But sooner or later I think the Leos with realize they still stink. take the bears.

I think you have to take the Broncos at altitude agains the Bucs this weekend. Although it seems every week we're getting a Brian Griese revenge game. How many teams have given up on him? In a related note if you ever wanted to buy an ex Michigan QB a beer. You might want to hang out in the LoDo area of Denver Sat night, chances are good you'll see him there is all I'm saying.


My other picks- Titans -3, Carolina -9.5, Philly -6, GBP -5, Giants -7, niners +3, Buffalo +1, Dal -17, Jax -4, and Saints -3.

There you have it, until next week


Dickie Dunn

"If Dickie Dunn wrote it, it's gotta be true!"

No comments: