Thursday, November 20, 2008

week 12 picks- with better Drinkability.


Dickie Dunn here,
There’s something missing this week. I’m usually all excited for the third Saturday in November. Fall has officially settled in, but winter is still hitting the snooze button. Thanksgiving is right around the corner and you can almost taste the Turkey and stuffing. But still, there’s something missing. Wait a minute! Isn’t it Michigan vs. Ohio State this weekend? That’s right, now I remember, the annual clash to see who gets to go to the Rose Bowl. Only this year a 3-8 Michigan team rolls into C-bus with it’s tail between it’s legs. Most UofM fans are just trying to get the season over with and look forward to Basketball?? no., Hockey?? nope., make that Women’s Gymnastics season. I can’t remember that last time one team was favored by 3 touchdowns in this game. Maybe Rico and the boys will look like a team one time this season and pull out a W, …..big maybe. Time will tell if Rick Rod is the guy for the Ann Arbor faithful, I’m inclined to press the reset button on this season and wait until he gets guys in there that fit his system. Prediction? OSU 38- Mich 10.


Onto the picks.

( I broke even last week, you’ll have to take my word for it as I was too busy to post. )


Thursday special

Take the Steelers to cover the 10.5. the Bengals only try hard against NFC East foes.



TENN -5 home against the JETS.

I think the Titans cover this one. I think Brett Favre throws a TAINT at the worst possible time and that’s how the Titans cover this one. Oh, and Chris Johnson and the guy who swallowed Lindale White combine to rush for over 200 yards.


DAL – 10.5 home against the Niners.

Lotta points to lay here but how can I take the Niners in any situation that doesn’t involve the Raiders or Rams. I think Romo gets the 'boys playing well enough to cover plus the good news about Adam Jones getting reinstated will really jumpstart the crowd. Kinda like when Reno Hightower came out wearing his white shoes in the second half of the big game against Bakersfield High. Well, except Reno was a washed up high school jock painting murals on vans for a living and Adam is a career malcontent with a penchant for strip clubs. Other than that, eerily similar.

Quick Side note: Is there a more inplausable movie that "The Best of Times" ? I played football in high school and of the 45 guys on my team, I have regular contact with two of them, I could probably tell you the wherabouts of maybe 3 more. Putting aside the idea of even getting this game off the ground, you mean to tell me that not only does Bakersfield get their starting twenty two together, They located the whole damn team? and all of them are in prime shape like they just finished 12 weeks at Parris Island. You gotta be kidding me. On the other hand it is Bakersfield, what else they got going on? It is the hometown of Buck Owens afterall.


Chi – 8.5 at StL.

The next time I take St Louis in anything. It’ll be on Jeopardy. As in, “I’ll take Crummy Football Teams for $ 200 Alex. What is St, Louis? I mean Chicago is inconsistent but at least they have a running game.

ATL -1 home against CAR.

One of two things is happening here. Either John Fox is trying to bring back the "three yards and a cloud dust” era or Jake Delhomme’s elbow isn't feeling all that great right now. Take a look at Jake’s stats the last few weeks and tell me he’s not hurt. Of course it could be that he sucks, in which case I need to drop him off my fantasy team. I wonder if Brady Quinn is still available. Take the Falcons.

Den – 9.5 home against OAK.

The worst thing that could have happened to the Broncos is playing the Raiders week one, they totally thought they were better then they were and it cost em. Losing 10 different running backs to injury probably hurt too I suppose. Now that they’ve won two in a row I’m going to have to start hearing Bronco fan making plans for Miami. Great.
Take the Broncos and pray for snow.

NYG -3 at ARI.

Something tells me AZ is gonna get slapped around a bit here. It’s like that scene in “Usual Suspects” where Kaiser Soze tells the cop. “… he showed those men of will what will really was.” Don’t get me wrong, I think AZ is good but the G-men are playing on a whole ‘nother level. There’s a little risk with the Kurt Warner revenge factor game. But, you’re only getting 3 points to go down that road. Lay the three and squeeze the cheeks.

Other games

CLE -3 over HOU (worst game of the year?)
BUF +3 over KC
NEP +1 over Miami
TAM – 8.5 over DET
BAL -1 over PHI
JAX – 2.5 over MIN
WAS -3.5 over SEA
IND +3 over SDC
GBP +2.5 over NOS. (in a Venison Etouffe Battle. )


Wally Solbchak update:
We got a Ransom note from Wally's captors but our policy is we don't negotiate with Terrorists. They've lowered their demands to a couple of Broncos tickets and some AppleBees gift Certificates but rules are rules. Wally would've wanted it this way. Yes we can !!

No comments: